Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello fellow beading friends.  As you can maybe tell, this new teaching job took way more of my time thank I maybe thought it would.  I think my last post was in December.  Last week I had a week long class for my teaching job, so I didn't get much done then.  Today is the first day I feel like I can work on a few things and that my summer is officially starting.

Well, I just got back from the bead and button and wanted to show you some of my purchases.  I told myself I wasn't going to buy much this year because I don't have the time like I used to to make jewelry.  But being in the presence of all those wonderful beads, I just couldn't help myself :)  


Beads Direct ~ faceted pink moonstone and something else that's pretty awesome :)



 various beads/stones from Voices of the Stones
 The Bead Goes On ~ love all these colors and size
 Out on a Whim ~ brass findings
 Vintaj ~ can't wait to play with these patina's.
 Avenue Beads ~ Glass Shards and I can't wait to make some beads with these.
 Silver Road Treasure ~ some of my favorite finds. This was a new company yo me. These are all oxidized and fire torched.
 Some beads from silver road treasure


Humblebeads ~ amazing work by Heather Powers. Love them all!!!!
 — with Heather Powers


A wonderful gift from Erin Prais-Hintz. So excited to make a necklace with this!
 

 Bead Haven
 Some fun glass and tools from Arrow Springs
 Another great find was The Knotty Do it All. Can't wait to play around with this.
Here is a bracelet Jayla made the first day. Pretty good :)


I will be working a lot on my website these next couple weeks updating and adding new things.  I also will be having some specials and sales, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Dawn Doucette said...

Blogging and jewelry design can be so hard when you go through a major life event (like a new job) so no worries... your trusty rusty followers are still here.

It looks like you thoroughly enjoyed B&B this year! Sorry I didn't make it up there to see you again! It was just too crazy with my sister's wedding prep and then actual wedding the following weekend.

Hope summer is great for you Melissa! Say Hi to Jayla for me!
{Hugs!}