Monday, December 1, 2008

Kind of windy today...

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a great meal and a wonderful time with our family.  Such a fun time of year!  Friday and Saturday I went to Galena beads for a trunk show ~ what a great time.  I can't say enough about how wonderful the store owner, Trish and her daughter, Jess were, not to mention the rest of the family.  The store was so nice, organized and artsy.  I am sure many of you have seen Jess's work in magazines with the Vintaj findings and amazing sense of design.  Her story is amazing as well, how she started this bead store, worked with some other ladies in starting up Vintaj and now the newest addition Vintaj Earth, which down the street from Galena Beads.  When I walked in that store I was speechless.  It is super cool!!!!  I could go on and on, but am just going to highly recommend that if you ever get a chance to go to Galena, or have a day with nothing to do (we all have those, right:)  GO TO GALENA!!!  The food is amazing as well.  It is the cutest little town ever and a great scenic drive.  I am so excited to see what Jess, Trish, Megan and Wendy make with the beads they bought.  Thanks again ladies for a great time.  I also want to give a shout out to Mary who drove from Chicago.  Thanks so much Mary!!!!  Can't wait to see what you make as well.

All right guys, I feel kind of bad for my blog friends, because this is going to be a boring week for you.  I do have some flower focals to post pictures of, but other than that, nothing new this week.  I have one last show for the year this weekend at the Iowa City Memorial Union that I will be getting ready for.  Not to mention I REALLY need to start thinking about bday presents for the girls, xmas, xmas cards, custom orders, the list goes on.  I do need to also update the website to reflect what I have on hand after the show.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Janice Judge said...

I checked out Galena Beads - what great vintage items --- In my fall and winter collection, I used a lot of brass and vintage items. People love that look - it is unique.... Thanks for the info... always looking for new vendors!!