Monday, February 4, 2008











Welcome to my new soon-to-be cool blog.  I  haven't even touched all the fun things I will be able to do with this blog, in fact I just signed up for it.  It is so much easier to load images on this blog then my website, so I am going to start using this for updates most of the time.  I have so much to do to get ready for my new website, but HAD to show you these sets.  I have learned some really helpful tips on how to get great colors from boro glass and how to get that really whimsical look to them.  Some of them have so much depth it is amazing.  I worked all morning trying to get some good photos to show you the color and depth that these beads have, but photos are never going to be as great  as the real thing.  I tried my best though.  

I just ordered some new boro glass colors and frit and they should be here this week.  I feel like my boro beads are getting better and better and can't wait to learn more.  I just love this glass and it's always a surprise when I get them out of the kiln the next day as to what they are going to look like.

I am going to try and get them listed in the store later today.  The kids didn't have school because of the snow, so things take quiet a bit longer for me to do.  If you see a set you HAVE to have just let me know and I will hold them for you.


(I just saw that you can leave me comments.  PLEASE, PLEASE leave me a comment and let me know what you think)














4 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Melissa!
Love your blog, I do one too - it's fun! Those beads are TO DIE FOR!!!!!! I love them all! I'll be checking your site later on, as usual!
Kristen L.

Anonymous said...

Melissa...
The new beads are fabulous! The depth is really amazing in those beads. Your new blog will be added to my bookmark bar and I will be checking everyday to see what's new!
Congrats on the new blog.
Deedee

Janice Judge said...

Hi Melissa -- Great idea with the blog.. love the new beads... will check back later.. very busy. I have a huge home party with over 50 people attending... keep up the good work....
Janice

Janice Judge said...

Hey Melissa -- We are getting snow late this afternoon and tonight.. but not too much tho.. sometimes in Jersey the temp goes up and then it starts raining and everything melts or turns to mush. Anyway... I have started a blogspot. I thought it was a great idea.. so check it out...
http//:shimmeringstarzjewelry.blogspot.com